Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Darkly)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo
  1. Home
  2. General Medicine
  3. My appointment with the GP today was incredible.

My appointment with the GP today was incredible.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Medicine
disabilitymedicine
4 Posts 3 Posters 15 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC This user is from outside of this forum
    demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC This user is from outside of this forum
    demian 😷☭⚧ (Fundraising
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    RE: https://zeroes.ca/@camaradademian/117331746820208337

    My appointment with the GP today was incredible.

    It is the FIRST time in my life a doctor has asked me, "How can I help you?" Wait, what? A healthcare professional asking what they can do for me instead of treating me like a sick criminal they need to catch, acting like a cop? Don't wake me up from this dream.

    They delivered on EVERYTHING:
    - Coded my Long COVID with the correct classification.
    - Ordered X-rays for my neck pain, telling me, "I can't order an MRI right away; we have to do this test first"β€”and that was without me even asking for an MRI!
    - Refilled my Tramadol prescription without lecturing me about pain.
    - Actually listened to my complaint about an itchy ear (unlike other doctors) and prescribed drops and antifungal treatment. I raised a question about whether it might be psoriasis instead of a fungal infection (since years ago, I was treated for a fungus that turned out to be psoriasis), and they answered my question WITHOUT getting offended.
    - Ordered blood work to check for viral reactivation (I showed them the recommendation from the Long COVID association, since COVID can trigger other viruses), though they didn't order the viral typing test because, as a GP, they aren't authorized to do so.

    For the love of God! What is this?!

    #disability #medicine

    Sin VegaS TomT 2 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • #medicineT #medicine shared this topic
    • demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC demian 😷☭⚧ (Fundraising

      RE: https://zeroes.ca/@camaradademian/117331746820208337

      My appointment with the GP today was incredible.

      It is the FIRST time in my life a doctor has asked me, "How can I help you?" Wait, what? A healthcare professional asking what they can do for me instead of treating me like a sick criminal they need to catch, acting like a cop? Don't wake me up from this dream.

      They delivered on EVERYTHING:
      - Coded my Long COVID with the correct classification.
      - Ordered X-rays for my neck pain, telling me, "I can't order an MRI right away; we have to do this test first"β€”and that was without me even asking for an MRI!
      - Refilled my Tramadol prescription without lecturing me about pain.
      - Actually listened to my complaint about an itchy ear (unlike other doctors) and prescribed drops and antifungal treatment. I raised a question about whether it might be psoriasis instead of a fungal infection (since years ago, I was treated for a fungus that turned out to be psoriasis), and they answered my question WITHOUT getting offended.
      - Ordered blood work to check for viral reactivation (I showed them the recommendation from the Long COVID association, since COVID can trigger other viruses), though they didn't order the viral typing test because, as a GP, they aren't authorized to do so.

      For the love of God! What is this?!

      #disability #medicine

      Sin VegaS This user is from outside of this forum
      Sin VegaS This user is from outside of this forum
      Sin Vega
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      @camaradademian I found a gp like this and I would kill everyone in this city to retain access to her. I hope you get to keep yours!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC demian 😷☭⚧ (Fundraising

        RE: https://zeroes.ca/@camaradademian/117331746820208337

        My appointment with the GP today was incredible.

        It is the FIRST time in my life a doctor has asked me, "How can I help you?" Wait, what? A healthcare professional asking what they can do for me instead of treating me like a sick criminal they need to catch, acting like a cop? Don't wake me up from this dream.

        They delivered on EVERYTHING:
        - Coded my Long COVID with the correct classification.
        - Ordered X-rays for my neck pain, telling me, "I can't order an MRI right away; we have to do this test first"β€”and that was without me even asking for an MRI!
        - Refilled my Tramadol prescription without lecturing me about pain.
        - Actually listened to my complaint about an itchy ear (unlike other doctors) and prescribed drops and antifungal treatment. I raised a question about whether it might be psoriasis instead of a fungal infection (since years ago, I was treated for a fungus that turned out to be psoriasis), and they answered my question WITHOUT getting offended.
        - Ordered blood work to check for viral reactivation (I showed them the recommendation from the Long COVID association, since COVID can trigger other viruses), though they didn't order the viral typing test because, as a GP, they aren't authorized to do so.

        For the love of God! What is this?!

        #disability #medicine

        TomT This user is from outside of this forum
        TomT This user is from outside of this forum
        Tom
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        @camaradademian Wow. Were they masked?

        demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • TomT Tom

          @camaradademian Wow. Were they masked?

          demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC This user is from outside of this forum
          demian 😷☭⚧ (FundraisingC This user is from outside of this forum
          demian 😷☭⚧ (Fundraising
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          @tjk that would have made me jump from happiness but they weren't

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • World
          • Users
          • Groups