Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Darkly)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo
  1. Home
  2. General Medicine
  3. Had my 2nd Shingrix vaccine 11 days ago.

Had my 2nd Shingrix vaccine 11 days ago.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Medicine
medicinehealthcarehealth
11 Posts 2 Posters 30 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DelphiD Delphi
    [[topic:post-is-deleted]]
    jforF This user is from outside of this forum
    jforF This user is from outside of this forum
    jfor
    wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @Delphi

    Hope you'll be over it soon.

    I never got the 2nd shot, as the 1st one left me very ill for a whole week.

    DelphiD 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • jforF jfor

      @Delphi

      Hope you'll be over it soon.

      I never got the 2nd shot, as the 1st one left me very ill for a whole week.

      DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
      DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
      Delphi
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      @fae2535 Thank you. The first one went better than a flu shot so I was shocked when this one hit me like a brick over the head. I don't think they really prepare us for how common awful side-effects are. I was told my arm may be sore. The info with it did list most things but made out it was an under 3 day thing. People still working could need to be off-sick. At 1st I didn't worry about sleeping all day as I couldn't think. Now being so sleepy is really annoying.

      jforF 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • DelphiD Delphi

        @fae2535 Thank you. The first one went better than a flu shot so I was shocked when this one hit me like a brick over the head. I don't think they really prepare us for how common awful side-effects are. I was told my arm may be sore. The info with it did list most things but made out it was an under 3 day thing. People still working could need to be off-sick. At 1st I didn't worry about sleeping all day as I couldn't think. Now being so sleepy is really annoying.

        jforF This user is from outside of this forum
        jforF This user is from outside of this forum
        jfor
        wrote on last edited by
        #4

        @Delphi

        I just saw that I was ill for 10 days, incl. an all over body rash for three days that was partly itchy, with night mares and my vaxed arm was swollen and hard and lumpy all the time.

        Glad I take notes and keep them - somewhere I must have found that the
        "Shingrix adjuvant AS01B causes the bad reaction".

        I didn't tell anyone because I don't want to come across as an anti-vaxer.

        🤞 May the sleepiness wear off very soon. As we get older GPs are tempted to put to much down to age.

        DelphiD 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • jforF jfor

          @Delphi

          I just saw that I was ill for 10 days, incl. an all over body rash for three days that was partly itchy, with night mares and my vaxed arm was swollen and hard and lumpy all the time.

          Glad I take notes and keep them - somewhere I must have found that the
          "Shingrix adjuvant AS01B causes the bad reaction".

          I didn't tell anyone because I don't want to come across as an anti-vaxer.

          🤞 May the sleepiness wear off very soon. As we get older GPs are tempted to put to much down to age.

          DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
          DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
          Delphi
          wrote on last edited by
          #5

          @fae2535 Unusual for me, I had nightmares too. Felt 'not quite present' when I woke up. I keep notes too. I'm pro-vax but this one just took me by surprise thus the post. I had serious issues with the astra zenica covid vax but went on to have the others with no problems. Now I have to pay (not 75 yet). £100 each is a huge amount of money but the health risk hasn't changed. My brain fog's gone & I feel like I'm being lazy but making the bed wore me out so something still isn't back to normal.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • jforF jfor

            @Delphi

            I just saw that I was ill for 10 days, incl. an all over body rash for three days that was partly itchy, with night mares and my vaxed arm was swollen and hard and lumpy all the time.

            Glad I take notes and keep them - somewhere I must have found that the
            "Shingrix adjuvant AS01B causes the bad reaction".

            I didn't tell anyone because I don't want to come across as an anti-vaxer.

            🤞 May the sleepiness wear off very soon. As we get older GPs are tempted to put to much down to age.

            DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
            DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
            Delphi
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            @fae2535 Dismissing things as ageing is common but largely inaccurate. I've heard bad stories from people older than me who are being 'medically ignored'.

            jforF 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • DelphiD Delphi

              @fae2535 Dismissing things as ageing is common but largely inaccurate. I've heard bad stories from people older than me who are being 'medically ignored'.

              jforF This user is from outside of this forum
              jforF This user is from outside of this forum
              jfor
              wrote on last edited by
              #7

              @Delphi

              Tsundoku - I actually finished a book that I bought in January of last year, when I read to page 89.
              It has just under 400 pages and I read it last week to the end within 2 days.
              It was really good, about a woman who unexpectedly found herself in a coma and all she experienced and thought in the months after.
              Which is a bit like what happened to me 2 years ago (when I vanished from here for 6 months).

              1)

              DelphiD 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • jforF jfor

                @Delphi

                Tsundoku - I actually finished a book that I bought in January of last year, when I read to page 89.
                It has just under 400 pages and I read it last week to the end within 2 days.
                It was really good, about a woman who unexpectedly found herself in a coma and all she experienced and thought in the months after.
                Which is a bit like what happened to me 2 years ago (when I vanished from here for 6 months).

                1)

                jforF This user is from outside of this forum
                jforF This user is from outside of this forum
                jfor
                wrote on last edited by
                #8

                @Delphi

                After I woke from the coma, gradually, eventually, I wondered if I was able to read and about gate codes and the pin for the bank.

                I couldn't talk, walk or do anything at all. They had to move me from the bed to the chair by hoist.

                Yet I knew that it was close to a miracle that I was there at all.
                I guess despite everything also aware of ageism.

                I am not that old but >60, strangely it feels as if those 6 months in 2024 never happened.

                Lost time ....

                2)

                jforF DelphiD 2 Replies Last reply
                0
                • jforF jfor

                  @Delphi

                  After I woke from the coma, gradually, eventually, I wondered if I was able to read and about gate codes and the pin for the bank.

                  I couldn't talk, walk or do anything at all. They had to move me from the bed to the chair by hoist.

                  Yet I knew that it was close to a miracle that I was there at all.
                  I guess despite everything also aware of ageism.

                  I am not that old but >60, strangely it feels as if those 6 months in 2024 never happened.

                  Lost time ....

                  2)

                  jforF This user is from outside of this forum
                  jforF This user is from outside of this forum
                  jfor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #9

                  @Delphi

                  Since that shingles vax in about 2023 I had a few more mRNA Covid vaccines with no problems, also Measles, Mumps & Rubella as Measles were on the rise here in IE.

                  The shingles vacc. here was very expensive, I think around €250. My own GP of course wouldn't administer it.
                  A place for travel vaccinations helped out.

                  They make it very difficult for people who seriously want to get vaccinated.
                  Even for the Covid vaxes I had to investigate & travel.

                  3)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • jforF jfor

                    @Delphi

                    Tsundoku - I actually finished a book that I bought in January of last year, when I read to page 89.
                    It has just under 400 pages and I read it last week to the end within 2 days.
                    It was really good, about a woman who unexpectedly found herself in a coma and all she experienced and thought in the months after.
                    Which is a bit like what happened to me 2 years ago (when I vanished from here for 6 months).

                    1)

                    DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
                    DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
                    Delphi
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #10

                    @fae2535 That sounds awful. I hope you're fully recovered.
                    I get audiobooks on my phone (free from the library) which is lazy but can be quite relaxing. I do read but I have a lot more books than I'll ever get through and a lot I won't give away even when I've read them. I recently purged my Mary Stewart books as I decided I wouldn't read them again. It's the factual ones that take all the apace though.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • jforF jfor

                      @Delphi

                      After I woke from the coma, gradually, eventually, I wondered if I was able to read and about gate codes and the pin for the bank.

                      I couldn't talk, walk or do anything at all. They had to move me from the bed to the chair by hoist.

                      Yet I knew that it was close to a miracle that I was there at all.
                      I guess despite everything also aware of ageism.

                      I am not that old but >60, strangely it feels as if those 6 months in 2024 never happened.

                      Lost time ....

                      2)

                      DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
                      DelphiD This user is from outside of this forum
                      Delphi
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      @fae2535 It must be very strange but like you say a miracle to be on the side of it all looking back.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups